Cover credits: Photo & Edit by Undefiled Photography & Editing, Choker by Mystic Thread
She’s coming from beautiful, ancient Greece, even though she’s the new face of the wide Gothic/Alternative modeling world, once you see her photos, you can’t remove that beautiful image out of you head. Her beauty can leave you speechless and breathless and the only thing you can do is worship her beauty even more.
1. When did you start with your modelling career?
I started photo modelling not a while ago. Initially, when I bought my first professional camera and since I was buying many clothes/accessories online, I started using it, wearing few of my favorite items, and some companies were reposting my photos on social media, such as Facebook and Instagram. When I moved to Athens, I had some proposals for photo shootings and so I started participating.
2. How did you fall in love with modeling and with entire Gothic/Alternative scene?
I was always very excited when I saw amazing artworks of many CD covers when I started collecting CDs from a very young age. Of course vampire movies with Nosferatu and of Victorian style also got me very intrigued into trying to enter that romantic world. Furthermore, beautiful Victoria Frances, whose illustration books and calendars I was collecting, had me fallen in love with the whole atmosphere.
3. Is there some particularly special model who inspires you and who is your very personal favorite?
For me one of the most beautiful creatures that ever walked on earth is Isabelle Adjani. But there are numerous actors, singers and models whose work I admire a lot. Some names would be Irina Ionesco, Viki Scarlet and Ophelia Overdose.
4. Tell us little about you collaboration with an amazing brand “Mystic Thread”.
Our beautiful collaboration with Mystic Thread started through the photographer of Undefiled Photography & Editing, who proposed me to photo model for this amazing Gothic/Victorian Company. It is when I saw everything more seriously and created my personal page. By the way, kisses to lovely Marianthi, who is the face of the company and Thalia, the talented young photographer!
6. Can you tell us a bit more about your modelling name “Mary De Lis”? 7. Name three things you simply can’t live without every single day. 8. Ok, now we know little more about Mary, but can you introduce us with Maria? Tell us something about your personal life and your everyday routines, favorite things and how would you describe yourself.
I would say it is something more of Victorian style, all that include corsetry, long heavy dresses, crinolines, headpieces, Elizabethan Collars, gloves and jewelry. I really adore that Victorian and Baroque Era. Especially since in my country, Greece, we did not have the opportunity to live that lifestyle, culture nor architect.
It comes from the symbol Fleur De Lis, the French flower of the knights, it has been used to represent French royalty, and in that sense it is said to signify perfection, light, and life. It symbolizes for me something aristocratic and royal.
I wouldn’t say that I can’t live without material things. I would say that I couldn’t live without music, nature and art.
6. Can you tell us a bit more about your modelling name “Mary De Lis”?
7. Name three things you simply can’t live without every single day.
8. Ok, now we know little more about Mary, but can you introduce us with Maria? Tell us something about your personal life and your everyday routines, favorite things and how would you describe yourself.
9. Does the music play big role in your life and which one is your favorite music genre?
Yes, music plays a huge role in my life since childhood. My dear mother was also a great music fan and played quite few music instruments. There are many genres that I generally listen to, some to mention are Gothic Rock, Industrial, EBM, Darkwave, New Wave, Experimental, Black Metal, Ambient, Neoclassical & Neofolk, Classical Music and Soundtracks. Depends usually on my mood and my activity which gender I chose to listen to each time.
10. How do you find all that preparation for shootings that sometimes lasts for hours? Do you enjoy creating new look with perfect make-up, matching jewelry and clothes?
I really love the whole process!! Sometimes it does take few hours, both of preparation and modelling, enduring low temperatures and even snow, as one of my latest photo shootings. But I really enjoy it every single time and I am always excited to get the results.
12. Who is your biggest support in your modelling career, who gives you strength to keep fighting in this cruel world of Alternative modelling? 13. What do you consider your biggest career highlight so far? 14. Do you have some plans and ideas for photo-shooting in future that maybe you would like to share with us? 15. How much have you changed since you first started modelling? 16. We came to the end of this lovely chat with you in a blink of an eye, so as a Good bye, what would be your message for your friends, fans and our readers?
There are many aspects that I haven’t explored yet! As I mentioned above, I really love the Black & White photography style of Irina Ionesco and I adore the artwork of a favorite band called “Die Form”, but still have not had the opportunity to have a photographer who would show an interest in experimenting with this style.
What I do avoid is anything pornographic and obscene in my opinion. Though I do admire quite few fetish, latex and bondage photography styles, there are only few photographers who manage to keep it with real style and admiration. For instance I adore the work of Mark Maxwell (mpm7 Photography).
In general I admire Dark Photography, Surrealism (example: work of Brooke Shaden) and Dark Fashion
My biggest support is my fiancé. Nick really believes in me and my potentials. I think every woman would be happy to hear from her partner that she is the most beautiful woman that he has ever met and he being quite artistic himself, to consider me as a natural model with perfect face, skin and body is enough for me to be happy and feel confident about myself. So his positive energy and his love is what motivate me to become a better me.
To be quite modest I feel that I have not had a big career highlight so far, as you mention, but my cooperation with Mystic Thread and me being one of the company’s official models, is the best I have done so far.
My future plans are to conquer the Hollywood and the red carpets!!! Lol just joking (Laughs!)
As I mentioned, I would be very interested in some experimental photography, Dark Fashion and Surrealism.
I wouldn’t say that I have changed much except for the fact that I do spend more of my free time and give more energy into photo modelling. Especially now, that I have more styling ideas, which makes me happy that are being used during the photo shootings.
Thank you, dear Gordana, for giving me the opportunity to say few things about myself. Also, I would like to thank everybody who is there for me from the beginning and all the people who support my work. To conclude, my message would be, that all the people would feel more motivated and encouraged to do everything to be happy and improve themselves.
Kindest regards from Athens! 🙂
Find Mary de Lis on:
12. Who is your biggest support in your modelling career, who gives you strength to keep fighting in this cruel world of Alternative modelling?
13. What do you consider your biggest career highlight so far?
14. Do you have some plans and ideas for photo-shooting in future that maybe you would like to share with us?
15. How much have you changed since you first started modelling?
16. We came to the end of this lovely chat with you in a blink of an eye, so as a Good bye, what would be your message for your friends, fans and our readers?