Cover credits: Photo: Pauline Danilson, headband & choker: Restyle.pl
Mysteria Violent is an alternative model from Russia, her must common works are cyber-goth but with a very creative and artistic soul you can see her in a lot of different looks… Don’t miss this chance to get to know her better.
1. How would you describe yourself?
That has always been a difficult question, I can say that I’m very open and optimistic person who loves different styles and is always interested in something new and unusual.
2. How did you start modeling?
I was into photography since childhood and one day I just made up my mind to stand in front of the camera, not just behind it. I wanted to show the costumes and accessories I’ve created. So I asked a friend of mine to take pictures of me. That’s how it all started.
3. Why alternative modeling, do you feel related to alternative lifestyle, if so how is that like on your country?
Yes, I do. We organize gothic parties, Victorian picnics, exhibitions, street performances and so on. It’s rather unusual for the mentality of Russian people, so always get other people’s attention.
4. We can see you in many different looks but mostly Cyber-Goth, is that your favorite look?
I prefer military and cyber gothic styles, they can look so bright and shiny and on the other hand dark and even scary, especially when you use SFX or some fake blood.
5. Why the name Mysteria Violent?
When I had to choose my modeling name I wanted it to consist of 2 words, so it would look like name and surname, these words should have sounded rather mysterious and the combination should have been unique. I didn’t want to be another “Dark Angel” or “Miss Bloody” and so on. And I’m not as violent as my nickname may sound 🙂
6. We can see you always in amazing outfits but how do you dress on a normal day?
I prefer casual and comfy clothes like jeans, T-shirts and some combat boots or vans. But I mostly wear black or camouflage clothing.
7. What is your favorite type of photo-shoot, what makes you say “yes I want to do that”?
I like looks that take pretty much time to create. For me working on the outfit and details is so exciting, I like all these layered crinoline dresses, fake horns and so on. I like shooting on location more than in the studio, it gives you more freedom for creativity/ you can use background in your shooting.
8. You’re a model but you also make a few performances and live-shows, what do you like to do best the shooting or the performances?
I like shooting more, but mainly because I don’t have many opportunities to perform, if only we had events like freak and gothic parties in LA or Germany I would love to do more live shows.
9. You have been published a few times, how does that make you feel?
Actually it makes me feel confused and honored at the same time, I like that people love my art and publish my photos, that gives me power to create new works.
10. Do you have any idol, someone you look up to for inspiration?
I usually get inspired by some European gothic and alternative models, by people who visit festivals like WGT or M’era Luna. Their costumes always look impressive. I’ve been following Ophelia Overdose for many years, her unique looks always give me much inspiration. I wish I could do a photo-shoot with her one day.
11. Do you have some other passions besides modelling, any hobbies you really enjoy?
A good book is always a pleasure! I like crafting and sewing as well, most of my outfits are made by me.
12. What else can we expect from you in the future, do you have a big goal for your life?
I want to make shootings worldwide as a photographer, so some day you can find me in your city looking for models.
13. So to end … You know you have many fans out there, so what is the message you would like to leave them?
I want to thank every single person for their feedback and nice comments they leave for me! That makes me see that my art is not useless. Hugs for all of you, guys!
Find more information about Mysteria Violent here: