From the girl who likes posing to photographers to an alternative model with amazing romantic style, she is climbing to the throne of Gothic Culture and winning the hearts of fans of Gothic/Alternative scene.
Revena is another amazing alternative model from Poland, whose signature is perfect look in corset, red hair and seductive eyes.
Keep on with the reading and you will get to know a little more about this lovely Lady.
1. When did you started with your modeling career? When I was in high school, me and my cousin spent free time together during amateur photoshoots. That was just for fun. I had many clothing in gothic style, because that was my regular look. I was wearing long, dark dresses and corsets, dyed my hair to black or purple and used dark lipstick. I was really fascinated in gothic style. After that, when I went to Wroclaw to study I met my boyfriend, and we found a lot of fun with photo-shoot. In the beginning we made amateur pictures and I had no idea how to pose for photos. But that was five years ago, when I didn’t even thought that it can be something more than just hobby for me. Now it’s my passion, and I can’t imagine how my life will look without photos!
2. Tell us a bit more about your modeling name “Revena”. Is that your real name, the nickname or the pseudonym? That’s only my nickname. This nickname came to my mind when I created my profile on “Maxmodels” (polish portal for models and photographers). I thought for a long time how I can name myself, and I started checking how some words sounds in another languages. I’m a redhead so I was looking for a word, which can describe me. So I found a “reven”, it’s one of the derivatives of the word “fox” in Norway. When I found this I thought: “That’s it! That’s my name!” I just add an “a” in the end, to make this word more feminine (because in Poland every woman’s name is finished with “a”). And, that’s it, no big story.
3. Could you tell us what made you fall in love with an alternative modeling? That started from fascination in dark music and style. Few years ago, I wasn’t thinking that I can be an alternative model. I just loved gothic style and music. Now I prefer metal bands, but still I think the gothic style is very inspiring. Posing for photos give me so much fun and self-confidence. I just loved this from the very first time!
4. Do you remember your very first photo-shoot and can you share some details and feelings about that? I started as a total amateur, and photo-shoot was just an original way to spend free time in a creative way. I remember when I have my first really professional photo shoot I was very nervous. Because posing for photos isn’t that simple as many people think. You have to think about every part of your body and control them. That’s really hard for beginners and can be a little stressful. My first really professional shooting was at the beginning of 2014 and this date I treat this date as my first step towards alternative modeling.
5. How do you find all that preparation for shootings that sometimes lasts for hours? Do you enjoy creating new look with the perfect make-up, matching jewelry and clothes? I am looking for clothing inspiration in secondhand or Internet, and I modify them in my own way. I found a lot of joy with creating stylization, and sometimes I lend my stylization to another alternative models. I like doing makeup too. I can spent a whole day to make a new makeup style for a photo-shoots. I find inspiration by watching makeup tutorials on Youtube and pictures on the web. I can spend all my money for a clothing and cosmetics.
6. Which one is your favorite Gothic style and favorite theme for photo-shooting? I love all of it! Every Gothic style is unique and beautiful. I really like Victorian Gothic – a lot of fancy dresses, lace and petticoats. I love medieval gothic and romantic gothic, these styles are very close to my heart. I can’t forgot about nu-goth. That’s my daily style and I feel very comfortable in it. It’s hard to say which one is my favorite.
7. Are there any aspects of a modeling career that you haven’t explored yet and are there some things that you would always avoid? Few mouth ago I said: “I really want to take a step on a real catwalk”. And my dream came true! I was one of the models on Alternative Fashion Show in Toruń this year. I was a little scared but also very excited and it was totally awesome! I met so many amazing people and made some new friendships. About thing which I avoid that’s a collaboration with some, strange people. I always made a research about photographers which I will be working with. I trust people, but when you meet new ones very often you have to be careful.
8. We all know that you’ve done over a hundred photo shoots, so do you have your favorite shooting and least favorite? It’s difficult to choice, every session is special. But my favorite are pictures taken in winter, when was very cold and the snow lay on the streets. That was photo-shoot with “WikingArt”, and I remember the temperature was around minus 15 degrees Celsius. I felt like I was freezing there! That was really crazy but when I saw the photos I was delighted.
9. Is there some particularly special model who inspires you and who is your very personal favorite? There are many models that I admire, for example Threnody In Velvet, Miss Loulou and Obsidian Kerttu. They all are amazing, I love their way of posing, beautiful, refined styling and makeup. I totally adore them all.
10. Can you tell us something about your personal life and how would you describe yourself? Who is Revena when she’s not posing in front of the camera? In personal life I will be soon a graduate student at University of Technology in Wrocław. My branch of study is Acoustic. And any day I will have a Master’s degree. Besides, Revena is a cat lover and have a sweet furry ball, Persian cat Elka. She is my apple of the eye.
11. Does the music play a big part in your life and what music genres do you prefer? Yes! Music is very important to me. When I was a child I learned to play the violin. Now I only play occasionally, but I often use violin as a prop for the photo-session. As I said before, I listen to metal music, especially melodic death metal and bands like Soilwork, Insomnium or Omnium Gatherum. Also I really like folk metal and bands like Eluveitie or Arkona. Ones of my favorites bands are Rotting Christ and Septic Flesh. I really like metal music.
12. Name three things you simply can’t live without every single day. It’s hard to say. But a thing I’m addicted to is chocolate! I cannot live without this. Also I can’t imagine my life without music and wine. With this three things I can live forever.
13. What is your everyday casual look? Do you prefer full make-up or simple, basic make-up, such as: powder or the BB cream, eyeliner and lipstick? It depends on the situation. In regular day, when I’m going to work, college or shops, I prefer simple make-up, that I can do quickly. Because mostly I don’t have a time to do polished makeup. But when I go out in the evening for meetings with friends or concerts I pay more attention to my appearance and then I prefer full makeup.
14. Do you have some hobby beside modeling and what it is, if you do? I do a lot of things besides modeling. I play the violin, paint, draw and recently even started roller skating ;). But I really like spend evening with good book, favorite music and a glass of wine.
15. Who is your biggest support in your modeling career, who gives you strength to keep fighting in wonderful, yet sometimes cruel and tough modeling world? My biggest support is my boyfriend, who is also a photographer named WikingArt. Most my sessions we did together. We know each other very well so it’s good for us to work together. We mutually support each other.
16. It was more than my pleasure to chat with you, so to end this interview: what would you like to leave as a message to your faithful fans, followers and our dear readers? I’m very grateful for the opportunity to make this interview. And I want to thank all my followers for being with me. You are all motivating me to have greater efforts! Thank you for your support!
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.