Jovan Miljkovic aka John Wolfrik is a young and amazing photographer from Kragujevac, Serbia. Beside his artistic work, he’s famous because he photographed basically all Gothic/alternative models in Serbia and his work is simply breathtaking and it drags you into the world of beauty, creativity and art. So, here’s an opportunity to know a little more about him and his impressive work.
1. When did you fall in love with the photography? It was somewhere around the year of 2002 when I started to experiment with my dad’s film camera, shooting some photos with my friends, goofing around… but the true REAL love started in the spring of 2013. My girlfriend then trusted me with her DSLR, and ever since I’m in love.
2. Do you remember your very first shooting and model and can you share some interesting details from that day? My very first photos with DSLR were with my friends. No ‘models’ yet. But I believe it was the spring of 2014 when I took to the next level. It was with my friend (and model) Ana Gia.
3. I mentioned that your work is outstanding and breathtaking, but I would like to know which is your favorite type of photo-shoot and why? Thanks for the kind words! My favorite type would be the before-shooting time. All the planning, getting to know each other’s ideas, and that stuff. But I also like to improvise when these ideas are done. Sometimes that can lead to amazing final works.
4. What is your biggest inspiration for all your ideas and concepts? Emotions. I tend to make a photograph than can capture the character and emotions of the person, or the theme of the shoot itself.
5. Who is your favorite photographer and what made you choose him/her? I don’t have the favorite one, but the inspiration is everywhere! This one has good long exposure tricks, than one has great natural light portraits, the other one is great with colors, someone has magical photoshoped “Fine art” photos… It’s a big mix! I can’t name just one.
6. Beside that you are a photographer, I know that you are musician as well, so tell us a bit more about that part of your life. Music is my life. From the day I was born. I can’t imagine my life without it. I play the bass guitar mainly, but I know how to play some other instruments as well. I see every life experience like it is a part of a song. I know, it is weird, but it helped me understand photography as well. Don’t ask me how, it just works.
7. Are you excited and proud of your work when you see the photo that you’ve taken on our Facebook page and other similar pages? I see many FB pages share my photos, and it is exciting. It is great that people like to share something what you enjoyed creating.
8. Do you have some special plans for shooting in future? Oh yes! Tons! I’m now building my new portfolio, and I have many ideas that I haven’t tried before. It’s going to be very fun! You’ll see it soon! 9. Have you even won in the photo-competitions and received awards for your photos? Yes. It was in 2014. I won the first price in 4th “Fotorama Fest”. It’s the international Festival of Fine Arts, being hosted in Kragujevac, Serbia.
10. What is, in your opinion, the biggest compliment and respect that photographer could receive? “Oh, you have a nice camera! It takes such good photos!’ ….joking! That is the worst, in my opinion. For me it would be when a person comments that the photo has made him/her feel something special just by looking at it.
11. How much have you and your life changed since you first started working as a photographer? Very much! I started to feel better immediately. Photography has helped me become a much better person. It gives me the opportunity to freeze this beauty we call life, and then revisit the same memories again. What more could I ask for.
12. What do you consider your biggest career highlight so far? My highlight is when I meet a fellow photographer that has the same passion as I do for photography.
Or when I finish the photoshoot, and have a nice talk with my model(s) over some coffee. Always fun stories with them! I like to relax. I am only human… 13. Can you tell us something about your personal life? I like food! Everybody knows that. So if you want to be my friend, buy me food! (Laughs!) Beside that, in my spare time I like to draw, ride my skateboard, watch a movie with friends, etc. I might try to build my very own TARDIS! Who knows?
14. It was more than my pleasure to chat with you, so to end this interview: what would you like to leave as a message to your fans, followers and our readers? Well, it was a pleasure to chat with you as well! For all the people out there I’ll say this: ALWAYS have time to do the things that you LOVE! And if that can become your job, then you are a very lucky person! Have a Fantastic life!
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.